The word Interpretation is typically used to refer to spoken translations, including meetings, seminars and phone conferences. There are several ways of interpreting depending on the specific needs.
At Reliable Translations, we hand select all of our interpreters to make sure they are Knowledgeable, Helpful and Reliable. We pride ourselves in the fact that we are the ONLY interpreting agency with a team of interpreters who specialize in Labor and Political interpretations, and ALL of our interpreters are seasoned professionals who have been around for a while and can interpret practically anything you throw at them!
Consecutive interpreting is done at intervals of a few sentences at a time (or about a minute apart from speaker to interpreter), and is the preferred type of interpreting for intimate settings and small groups (e.g. one-on-one meetings, negotiations, interactive workshops).
- Simple, straightforward setup without the need of equipment.
- Saves money on equipment and backup interpreter.
- Ensures a “conversational” tone in communication.
- Communication takes at least twice as long.
- Not suitable for large groups, especially audiences.
- Limits the delivery of the communication and lessens the impact.
Simultaneous interpreting is almost always done with the use of transmitter/receiver equipment, which can be as simple as a small, portable device or as high-tech as a sound booth and relay system.
In this case, the interpreter is interpreting everything being said “on the floor” simultaneously (at the same time as the speaker), while participants that don’t speak the language are listening via radio-like receivers.
- Allows you to have as many languages as you want in one meeting.
- Very time-efficient.
- Fully communicates the message & sentiment of speaker.
- Requires equipment & setup.
- Requires a minimum of 2 interpreters per language for meetings over 3 hours.
- Not suitable or cost effective for very small meetings or one-on-one.
Escort interpreting is a complete 24 hour service for individuals traveling to or from a different country who don’t speak the language. This type of interpreting is generally reserved for corporate executives, politicians and VIPs, but can also be used for tourism. Escort interpreters are not only excellent communicators, but are also trained in etiquette and follow strict professional guidelines.
Court Certified Interpreting:
Court Certified Interpreters are individuals who have passed rigorous examinations and are licensed by the State to interpret in court, for depositions, hearings and other legal matters that specifically require certification.