The word Interpretation is typically used to refer to spoken translations, including meetings, seminars and phone conferences. There are several ways of interpreting depending on the specific needs.
At Reliable Translations, we hand select all of our interpreters to make sure they are Knowledgeable, Helpful and Reliable. We pride ourselves in the fact that we are the ONLY interpreting agency with a team of interpreters who specialize in Labor and Political interpretations, and ALL of our interpreters are seasoned professionals who have been around for a while and can interpret practically anything you throw at them!
Simultaneous interpreting is almost always done with the use of transmitter/receiver equipment, which can be as simple as a small, portable device or as high-tech as a sound booth and relay system.
In this case, the interpreter is interpreting everything being said “on the floor” simultaneously (at the same time as the speaker), while participants that don’t speak the language are listening via radio-like receivers.
- Allows you to have as many languages as you want in one meeting.
- Very time-efficient.
- Fully communicates the message & sentiment of speaker.
- Requires equipment & setup.
- Requires a minimum of 2 interpreters per language for meetings over 3 hours.
- Not suitable or cost effective for very small meetings or one-on-one.